I used the Marvel Super Heroes (1984) system for the game. The system is sometimes nicknamed the FASERIP system, since that’s what the initials of the abilities spell (Fighting Agility Strength Endurance Reason Intuition Psyche).
Since the movie included Peter A Parker, Peter B Parker, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir, Penni Parker, and Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham, I chose to write-up some of the other Spideys that have been in comics over the years.
- Agent Venom: Flash Thompson lost his legs in the war, then bonded with the alien Venom symbiote
- Spiders-Man: Millions of radioactive spiders believe that they are Peter Parker, and collectively adopt his shape
- Spider-Punk: Hobie Brown uses punk rock to fight the man in a dystopian future
- Superior Spider-Man: Dr. Octopus transferred his mind into Peter Parker’s body, but accidentally also got his conscience
- Spider-Woman: Jessica Drew can fly, blast bio-energy, and carry a child
- Spider-Man 2099: Miguel O’Hara’s DNA was blended with a spider’s to save his life
- Lady Spider: May Reilly invented a mechanical spider harness
- Six-Armed Spider-Man: Peter Parker tried to cure his spider-ness but grew into it
- Kraven the Spider: Sergei Kravinoff “killed” Spider-Man then put on his costume to prove he was the best
- Spider Monkey: Peter Parker comes from the Marvel Apes world where everyone is a primate
- Spider-Man India: Pavitr Prabhakar‘s powers are similar to classic Spider-Man’s but all magic-based
- Supaidaman & Leopardon: Takuya Yamashiro fights crime with spider-powers and a 60-meter mech
A standard FASERIP character sheet is a rather nondescript wall of text.
In the movie, characters each introduce themselves with a comic book cover, so I formatted the character sheets to look like a comic.
Each “comic cover” features the character name and a pose. The inside holds the character write-up. The back cover highlights the character background, motivation, or other key scenes from the history.
For characters with Combat Sense, I also highlighted the Intuition stat to remind the player that the power’s rank replaces the Intuition score during combat,
I vaguely followed the Spider-Geddon comics story-line that covered the attack from Morlun and his family of Inheritors. They’re an immortal family of interdimensional totem-eating vampires that like eating spider totems the best.
Depending which characters the players have chosen, they can get pulled into the adventure through Spider-Man 2099 watching Morlun kill a different Spider-Man 2099, a dire warning from Madame Web, a galactic alert to Agent Venom, an Avengers alert to Spider-Woman’s dimensional watch, or some other hook. From there, it’s a matter of Spideys gathering their forces before Morlun attacks.
You can download the Spider-Verse Characters (PDF) here.